Monday, November 28

Things We Do For Beauty...

Happy Monday Beauties!

Ok, call me crazy, but I had to share this with you as the results were so amazing: basically, I slept with a plastic bag on my head last night. No, not just for kicks! It was there to cover up the hair mask I had on of course :)

So, being the lazy lump I am, I hadn't washed my hair at all at the weekend, and it looked baaaaad. Come Sunday night, I felt disgusting and just had to hop in the shower, where I was faced with a dilemma (my life is so hard right? :p). I usually wash my hair every day because it gets so greasy and knew that if I washed my hair then, I'd still have to do it the next morning in order to not scare the whole college witless! But washing it twice so quickly would surely be bad for it? That left my other option of just giving it a good rinse, which I didn't want to do because it might still smell and I'd just changed my bed sheets :(

Then, a revelation; I spotted out of the corner of my eye a shiny orange tub full of promises (and a gorgeously scented treatment).

Herbal Essences Smooth & Soft Intensive Mask
£3.99 for 200ml from Sainsburys


I usually use the Beautiful Ends Mask from the same range, or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long Deep Treatment, but I'd bought this when they were on offer in Sainsburys and felt that now was the time to break it out. Opening it, I was immediately in love with the citrus scent, so scooped up a handful of coral goo to massage into my poor hair. It's not too runny, as some conditioners can be, but it isn't as stiff as Aussie's treatment either, and really did feel like liquid satin once applied.



Normally, I'd leave a mask on for a bit before rinsing it off well with cold water, but last night I wanted some major pampering and left it on for the night. I thought this would be quite simple: apply shower cap et voila! Then the elastic in the shower cap broke. What was I meant to do??? I had a flash of inspiration and grabbed the cling film. Which turned out to be rubbish.

Rubbish cling film.

It would not stick at all to my slimy head! The day was saved by my ingenious mother, who tied a plastic bag on my head (just around the hairline, not the neck lol) which I secured with clips and left well alone for the night.

Snooze :)

Next morning, I rinsed out the mask really thoroughly, then used a little shampoo to make sure there was no residue, a little of my normal conditioner on the ends, and finished with my trusty TommyGuns Weather Protect Dew Drops (£7.00 from Waitrose, but well worth it). I never blow dry or straighten my hair so it was left to its own devices while I went to college, until I noticed the smell! It was like I'd just stepped out of the salon, and I have literally not stopped touching my hair all day! This mask really does work, and I will definitely be using this technique again - maybe with a better shower cap next time :).

Some photos of the results:



What are your go to hair savers? Would also love to hear some feedback on my new posts.

Lots of Love,
Krystyna x


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds awesome! I love lovely smelling hair, mmm. My current hair rescue is v05 miracle oil, it's really good for making my hair soft and healthy!

    ~ Lauren <3

    http://cosmeticskittensclassrooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have actually never used a hair mask before! Definitely going to give this a go though... and I love the name of your blog, by the way :P
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Lauren I've always been a bit scared of hair oils, which I know is silly, isn't it? :)

    And Celeste do it! This one apparently has mandarin and pearl extracts in it, while the other I mentioned has raspberry and silk extracts, which makes it smell like sweeties!

    Thanks for the lovely comments <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was scared too, cause I just thought it'd make my hair mega greasy (and when I put on too much it did) but when you just put a little bit from midway down to the ends I totally noticed a difference! ^_^

    ~ Lauren <3

    http://cosmeticskittesclassrooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete