Sunday, January 29

What's In My Handbag? + MUA shenanigans

Hi Beauties!

I am reaaallly looking forward to having a bath later with my new Lush Sunnyside bubble bar; I don't know what it is, I've just been so tired lately! Anyway, I thought that today I'd show what I generally lug around with me day-to-day, as I love reading these posts on other blogs (so nosy!). I bought this just after Christmas from Warehouse for  £45, in exchange for a £75 bag my mum got me that was too small (leaving me with £30 for some shorts :)).



I love it as it's big enough to fit an A4 folder and all of my other 'essentials', and is simple enough to go with all of my everyday clothes without being boring. On to the contents:



Sainsbury's Travel Tissues (£1.35) - I hate being without these, so I have packs in my bags, in my car, by my bed... everywhere!

Johnson's Baby Skincare Wipes, fragrance-free (£2.54) - I work with kids, who can be sticky, and I'm so clumsy I'm usually spilling something.

Purse - I don't know where this is from or how old it is as I found it at the back of mum's wardrobe, so it was probably a great-aunt/uncle's. I've been using it for years, so it's a bit tatty now, but it is the perfect purse and will be hard to replace :(.

JVC Pink Gumy Headphones (£7.99) - Not the greatest headphones in the world, but perfectly adequate, and easily available as you can just pop them in your trolley at the supermarket.

Vaseline Creme Brulee (£2.99) - This is so yummy! It tastes of spiced vanilla as well as having all the usual goodness of vaseline. Sadly, it's limited edition, so I don't know if it's still available!

Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous Lite (£23.50) - I'm not the biggest fan of this to be honest, but I will use it up. It changes from cream to powder, toning down my incredibly shiny face, but I find it can be quite patchy and obvious, and the smell is so off-putting!

Chocolate :) - For on-the-go emergencies.


River Island Sunglasses (£13) - These usually live in my car but somehow found their way out!

Water - Part of my 'drink more' New Year's resolution

Pencil Case - I love being at college because it means I can legitimately indulge my geeky stationery fetish again! This my everyday one, I have another filled with felt-tips and crayons for when I go to school.


Reading Stickers - I read with primary school kids, so I like to have these for when they do well :).

Carex Aloe Vera Hand Gel (£0.70) - This is quite good value, at 7p per use, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it as it smells really strong.

Clinique Superdefense Moisturiser (sample) - For dry hands, sore noses etc. Really useful, I love it when you get samples, it's one of the major advantages of buying high-end products!

Listerine Antibacterial Mouthwash (£1.35) - Just in case...


Wrigley's Gum (£0.38) - I like coffee, but coffee breath is horrific, right?


Lancome L'Absolu Nu Lipstick in 202 Beige Rose (£19.50) - A perfect everyday lip colour which applies brilliantly. The smell reminds me of early childhood experiments with lipstick :)


Cherry Carmex (£2.69) - As much as I love vaseline, I find that carmex has the edge moisture-wise. Also, who doesn't love cherry lip balm?

Hair accessories - Another just in case essential.

Notebook - For my fascinating thoughts, doodlings and musings.


So that is what I cart around with me every frickin' day; curiously, I seem to have forgotten the kitchen sink. How odd. I also usually have my kindle with me, and obviously I took the photos with my phone, so whilst I could have improvised with a piece of paper saying 'phone' on it, I decided not to. I think it was a good decision.

Yesterday morning I received an unexpected package which thoroughly confused me. It was a duplicate of my last order from MUA, though without the glitter eyeliner as it was out of stock. Now I didn't request this, nor have I paid for it. So I tweeted them asking if they wanted it back, and they asked for my order number so I'm waiting to see what happens next... Included in the package though, was a copy of an order confirmation e-mail, which it turns out I'd accidentally deleted :/. So I really am very sorry for previously saying that I had had no correspondance from them. Bit embarrassing really.

I started writing this post yesterday and finished it today, so I'll be blogging again later, hooray!

Lots of Love,
Krystyna x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you lovely, so do I! That's why I did :p Even though it felt never-ending! xx

    ReplyDelete