Sunday, October 30

Amazing Chocolatey Goodness

Hey Beauties!

So, this isn't beauty related (as far as I'm aware), but I thought I'd share with you this fabulous brownie recipe. I found it in a cookbook called Chocolate (Parragon, 2002) many many years ago and have been cooking them ever since! They're easy, gooey, taste divine, and are just as good fresh from the oven with some vanilla ice cream as they are after a few days.

Sticky Chocolate Brownies
Makes 12

100g butter
175g caster sugar
75g dark muscavado sugar
125g dark chocolate (really recommend Green & Black's Maya Gold)
1tbsp golden syrup
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
100g plain flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking powder
  1. Melt the butter, sugars, chocolate and syrup together in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring regularly, until smooth and blended. Set aside to cool a bit.
  2. While that mixture is cooling, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat well with the vanilla essence. Then stir in the chocolate goo until glossy.
  3. Sieve in the rest of the ingredients and fold into the mixture (I usually do it in 3 stages to make sure everything is nicely blended)
  4. Pour into a small lined cake tin, and pop in a pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes at 180oC.
I was thinking of these because my brother asked me to make him a batch, and I'm a bit hungover from last night, so chocolate was a great idea! My friend Lindsey did an Oxjam gig (turns out she's amazing), but definitely needed today to recover before college!

More on the weekend and my make-up another time, 
Lots of Love
Krystyna x

No comments:

Post a Comment